Saturday, November 27, 2010

WHAT IS THIS? IS THIS CHRISTIANITY? IS THIS NOT FOOLISHNESS OR PLAIN PURPOSELESS?

By Evangelist Bee
(This is a good time to register to be notified by the blog/website of next posts as there will be more sequel to this heart-cry.Check CONTACT - on how to follow or subscribe - Its free!)

I don’t know where  or how this will end. I am starting anyway. The burden I have has been a product of many things and recent events. I have seen a lot of things been exhibited in the name of faith and Christianity. I have asked. I have checked. Are they true? Are they correct? If not, at what point did these acts become “christianised “? For how long will these last? For how long will they thrive? Why are we victims of these doctrines, revelations, “words”, insights and “direct words” that become entrenched in what we now call Christianity.
Some of these acts are simple yet they  profoundly affect lives. Some of these “theories”are more complex but its equally directing people’s destiny and dominating their tendencies and beliefs. When queried, no one seems to  have an answer why they are doing it? Why are we  so gullible? Why  are  we so naïve? Why do we get trapped until it is too late to correct?  

In order to put it in perspective, I will share stories along these discourse and leave you with questions. I discovered  the  first story on a long flight recently in one of the Nigerian Newspapers that I had kept to read. I wanted to get a complete picture of the story and it got me really sad when I finished. Who will bail out this generation? Who?  She was a 27 year old woman. She was pretty – simply beautiful but she now has severe burns all over her body. Why? She was introduced to a certain “Pastor” who they said has spiritual power and could see  visions. What power can a man have except that which is given to him.  We arrogantly talk about the power men have ignoring the fact that no power is assigned except by the Lord!
Deu 8:18  But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power
She needed a job and wanted a man of God to pray for her. Being prayed for is  not a problem itself but how its done. Why are we so focused on the minor and leaving the major issues?
Naaman, the very senior army officer from Syria who needed Elisha’s help initially missed this fundamental point too. God does not have to complicate things to answer your cries. Naaman was angry at the instruction given  my the man of God.
2Ki 5:11  But Naaman left in a rage, saying, “I thought that he would at least come out to me, pray to the LORD his God, wave his hand over the diseased spot, and cure me!
Why must there be a show  before  a miracle happens? Why must we put pressure on men of God to device “means” that looks acceptable yet not effective and unauthorized? Yes it can happen a certain way once in a while , must it be the same all the time until someone gets hurt  – why do we box God  and then find ourselves in error ?
The “ man of God”  in the story I read told this young woman that in order for her to be free from the monitoring spirits following her she has to  buy a list of different things in a “deliverance list”. She is required to buy them for prayers. What do you need a list of what to buy for? List? To buy? To pray?  To who?
Hos 4:6  My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.Would you want to know what was on the prayer purchase list?  The list includes a new dress to wear for the prayers and throw away after prayers (most times they  wear and remove this dresses in the open with no privacy) – where is this in the scripture? She was also required to buy some bottles of oil (I detest these abuse of the oil so much!). Lord have mercy? These oil bottles have names and they have  different specification – “ Back to Sender” oil, “Stop evil” oil, ”Good luck oil” oil. Another one was “Brito oil” ( whatever that means?) and another one  made from Auto grease! She then paid consultation fees! And she was to bring  the balance later? Is this the faith of our Fathers? Is the faith that Peter, Paul, John and Stephen  died for? Is this the faith that was handed over from the generations gone bye. This is Witch craft – pure and simple. Arrant madness! Who will deliver these generation?
Pro 22:28  Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set.During “prayers”,  the demonic Pastor asked his Assistant to excuse them, asked her to step inside the big basin and started pouring the oil (or oils) on her for cleansing! Is these not simply a deranged man who has sexual fantasy about women’s bodies looking for a seemingly “legitimate” means to  carry them out. Even as I write my heart cringes, goose pimples runs all over me. She said she had to close her eyes for this ‘very important part of the prayers” until the last bottle of oil was poured on her head and she said her body literarily caught fire.  Read the rest of her story in  her own words “It was as if fuel was poured on me. It just exploded on my clothes and inside the basin ( this looks more like a chemistry laboratory than a prayer exercise) I became so hot and I couldn’t withstand the pains so I had to jump out of the basin. I managed to remove my dress and … I ran away, wearing only pants and bra. The fire was still on my head when I ran outside. … Later.. I told them that I wasn’t going to be able to  withstand the pains. His neighbor, one woman suggested they should take me to  the hospital… no bike rider wanted to carry me and I had to trek to the Hospital”
Is this Christianity? Is this what Pastors are called to do? Does this fit the prescription in the scripture of the work of the shepherds?
Tit 1:7  For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not self-willed, …..Is this not slavery? How did this generation get here? Like I said in the  beginning, the intention is to do something about this tendencies – both from the side of the pew and the pulpit? How do we know the differences as young women and men who truly and sincerely  want to seek God and please him?
Rom 15:4  For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
Can we learn from these events and avoid the traps? Are the traps visible? I will welcome all true life experiences and relevant suggestions. Let us have it through comments. You can send them anonymously. Let others learn from what happened to someone you hold there because of their experience on this wrong road of error named by some as Christianity.
In the subsequent posts, I will attempt to ask how to recognize the hirelings apart from the shepherds, why people fall into this traps and  how to avoid them. Keep
 close contact on the next posts by subscription with the blog for the sequel.
My prayer is that we do not  be a part of this confusion? And if we are  or have been, that the Lord will help us to quit and begin to  make a difference! Let your light shine.
Jesus Said,Mat 5:16  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
There is an urgent need to make a difference. WHAT IS THIS? IS THIS CHRISTIANITY? IS THIS NOT FOOLISHNESS OR PLAIN PURPOSELESS?
Please let me have your thoughts on this heartburning issue.
EVANGELIST BEE
No. 114 –26th NOVEMBER 2010

Click on "Comment" or "Post a  Comment" Tab below for your Comments, Responses and  Testimonies.



 

25 comments:

D. said...

May God not cause us to continue to be gullible - Rathers seeking the ancient paths of our Fathers - Another wake up call sir.
God bless.

Unknown said...

May God give us the wisdom to discern what is of Him and what is not.

Evangelist Bee said...

Amen, Amen and Amen Jessy.
EVB

Biodun O. said...

God help us to discern and be wise!

Nkiru said...

Pastor B,
It is very simple... this is not a new thing... for decades & decades, generation after generation, people flock to "religion" in the time of hardship & willing to do ANYTHING to alleviate their condition. We are supposed to find refuge in GOD. But for some reason people do not have the discernment between HIM & religion. I cannot blame this lady in this story for her action & I can’t blame the so called “man of God”. Like the passage says: Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
The man has seen an opportunity to make money & change his current condition & he took it
The lady so gullible will go to any end to change her current condition & she is paying the price
The law of the land & law enforcement does not do anything to combat crimes like this & there u have it
Will she be the last? Enthusiastically I say NO!

Anonymous said...

How I wish all our churches will start preaching more about patience, perseverance, long suffering & the power of prayer. While they reduce prosperity messages and people giving testimonies in Church of 'quickie' miracles.
We are so result-oriented these days, even in churches, supposedly xtian organisations\offices & in the secular world, that we do not take pains to seek how these results are achieved.
How many times do we share success stories even the Biblical ones, & forget to emphasise the importance of waiting on God?
How many times do we allow people to just give testimonies, in crowded places, without verifying the process these testimonies came to be?
How many times do we attend services and we call on offerings and we give honour to the highest donor, even when the Bible says when one hand gives we should keep it discreetly from the other? And we display affluence as if that is the primary visit of Jesus to earth?
How many times have we told people to read books on laws & principles as if the Grace & Mercy of God is totally based on principles & laws promulgated by men? Afterall what have we that was not given to us and except HE shows us mercy and grace, what can we become?
Why do Churches over-burden their members with religious activities all the time without letting them have opportunities for one-to-one fellowship with their Maker? Pastors make pronunciations like 'if you do not come for this evening service or vigils, you have missed heaven or God will be angry with you'? Such words put people's soul in bondage! They, not grounded in the Word & the benefit of having a personal relationship with God, now equates attending religious activities with serving God.
Why do organisations even hire people based on skills alone without analysing or testing character?
We are all guilty of these current happenings and I pray that its ripple effect will not destroy us more than what is happening now even those of us thinking we are on the right course.
Nigeria is in these shambles of decay & violence because no one wants to wait for anything, everything must be done quickly & in a rush!

Every character in the Bible, even Jesus had needs & had to WAIT PATIENTLY on God,for it to be met.
Let us not forget that there is no testimony without a test. Faith in God, patience & persistence in prayer is the answer to all we can ever want or need. With this underatanding no one would seek any intermediary to help them seek God's face.
Evangelist, we leave it to you and your Xtian colleagues to let everyone start understanding that God is for both poor & rich.
He is not a quickie God rather HE purposely allows people to wait on HIM for all things including jobs.
He wants to be part of our daily lives, when talking, cooking, eating even making love to our spouses!
He wants us to be totally dependent on HIM for all things! He wants us to learn to communicate with HIM personally and not go through intermediaries so we do not encounter such fake pastor that was described in this piece.
May God have mercy on us all so we do not go astray or lead others astray either knowingly or otherwise.
Thanks for this wonderful opportunity Evangelist B & God be with you, keep you and all that is yours. We shall all reign with our Master Jesus in the new Jerusalem. Peace!

Evangelist Bee said...

Nkiru,

Always nice to have your contribution -I agree its not new and it will not be the last. Even Paul complained about strangers in the kingdom teaching and doing the wrong things. I just believe it is the responsibility of those of us who know better to raise the alarm to help those who at least will listen and be interested in CHANGE. Another good thing about your comment is that it is very helpful in confirming some of the issues I will raise in the sequel and follow-ups – like the effect of greed on the part of the pastor and the non-existent law enforcement system to make people account for the crimes they commit. See even the decades of child abuse in the catholic church even in advanced countries where the enforcement is better! There is also a tendency to anywhere in the world to defer to religious leaders and treat them lightly than normal citizens. If people commit crimes, they should pay for it. The Laws of Heaven are higher that the laws of man. if we obey God's laws, man's laws would have been fulfilled.
God help us
Thanks Nky
EVB

Evangelist Bee said...

Any,
Wonderful comment. Thanks for taking your time to write. Like I mentioned in my reply to Nkiru's comment – the feedback helps in the total discourse.

I feel we need to clarify an issue. The fact that these heinous crimes and abuses are being carried out with harmless instruments and tools that God has given (if properly used) does not mean we have to stop using them. I don’t have problems with Prosperity messages on its own, its in the scripture. What is condemned in the scripture is success and prosperity WITHOUT CHARACTER AND ACCOUNTABILITY. The scripture preaches good end result but also states clearly that the MEANS of achieving it is also as important as the result. Success stories inspire, Testimonies inspire but I totally agree that Christian leaders should take full responsibility to any of these stories/lies that pushes result and ignores responsibility to our primary call to Christ and a life of obedience.
This is spot on – “Every character in the Bible, even Jesus had needs & had to WAIT PATIENTLY on God,for it to be met.Let us not forget that there is no testimony without a test. Faith in God, patience & persistence in prayer is the answer to all we can ever want or need”
And a big Amen to your last prayers.
You made my day and am sure others too were blessed.
God bless you.
EVB

Dare Oyewo said...

Pastor,
So unfortunate that people still ignorantly fall on the hand of this "robbers" so to speak'....in the name of Christianity.why? because people have refused to take responsibility for their life.The bible is so simple to understand with the help of Holy Spirit,but people like to take short-cut and that is why their life has been cut short.Evil doers keep on increasing per day in the name of christianity,they we surely have their judgement very soon........But it will take only a spiritually minded person(s) to decern the things of the spirit. May the Lord help us.

Regards
Dare Oyewo

Evangelist Bee said...

Dare
You were spot on. The bottom line is individual walk with the Holy spirit as you said it here - "The bible is so simple to understand with the help of Holy Spirit,but people like to take short-cut and that is why their life has been cut short"
God bless you for sharing.
Banji

Anonymous said...

Sir I guess you know who this is:

My fear is that the basics of Christianity is not even popular among Christians.
Listen to a conversation with Christians and find out if you hear Jesus mentioned in one hour, it may shock you; the statistics you come up with.

May God give us the grace to do His will continuously. Amen.

Adekunle A. said...

There is surely more to this, and the summary is simple - we are in the last days when people are weary about seeking and finding the Lord by themselves. With the internet and jet age, we all want things fast, and preferably with others' se...rvices. If christianity does not start as a personal and intimate relationship between God and a person, sorry, it would end up as a general and reserved relationship through some others that I would prefer to call masquerades. Your contribution is greatly timely, how I wish it would get the necessary circulation especially amongst those who seem to need prayers desperately. God deliver and bless us and the work He has put in our hands.

Evangelist Bee said...

Bro Kunle

" With the internet and jet age, we all want things fast, and preferably with others' services." I agree with you- Will be part of the sequel things I intend to deal with on what factors disposes this. Thank you sir.
EVB

busola said...

There was a time I had challenges in my marriage, I had prayed and tried every goodness I knew to practice nothing simply worked out. My husband was very abusive and would not even communicate at all. The only time he ever spoke to me was when he needed anything from me. He had a pastor then whom he was very close to, the man's word was law to him so I approached the man for help. My first reservation about this pastor had to do with his household .The pastor lived in a vicarage attached to the church. He offered me alcohol which he was taking with his meal when I entered,I declined. His children were also unruly whilst I was there and in correcting them he was raining abuses on them, I was stunned. Afterwards Itold him why Ihad come he told me to bring a white handkerchief which he was going to work on (whatever that meant) for my husband. I thanked him and left. When things got worse at home, I approached him again to speak to my husband, he asked why Idin't bring the handkerchief that I should call him later in the week after my husband had gone to work so we could pray. I called him and he came to my house, he said we should kneel down to pray. When we knelt down he asked if I had annointing oil and that I should remove my clothes. I began to wonder, the pastor in question was about 60years a grandfather and an elder in the church and I did not want to be presumptous so Iwent in took the annointing oil removed my blouse, still had my bra on and my skirt.So the man prayed for a few minutes, took the annointing oil and started rubbing it on my breast. Immediately Isaid to myself,are you crazy? After how many years of being in the faith? I knew the word, I had had solid pastors and teachers, I had encountered God was it marriage that would now lure me from God? I just got up went back inside and wore my blouse. By the time I came back the pastor was removing his clothes. I wore a thunderous expression, thanked him and sat down. He took a look at me,wore back his shirt which he had already removed and left.Tht was the last time I ever consulted him. Eventually I quit the marriage and moved on with my life. Years later I came across the pastor's younger brother who said he had asked after me and wondered what transpired as the pastor and my ex never had any good thing to say about me. The man was also a minister of God pastoring a church, not too long after that the man was asking me how I was coping and how he would not mind to be my boyfriend,fulfilling my sexual needs. I simply walked off in disgust.The bible says by their fruits you shall know them. Most often when you spend time with God, walk in the spirit and with the word; You can determine a man's spiritual location after 5minutes in his presence. There are so many raving wolves in the name of the lord and there is no need to rationalise anything in the name of the lord -the only man that qualifies as a christian and man of God to me is the one that lives the way Jesus did and accords me the dignity and respect that Jesus does!

busola said...

There was a time I had challenges in my marriage, I had prayed and tried all the goodness I knew to practice nothing simply worked out. My husband was very abusive and would not even communicate at all. The only time he ever spoke to me was when he needed anything from me. He had a pastor then who he was very close to; the man's word was law to him so I approached the man for help. My first reservation about this pastor had to do with his household .The pastor lived in a vicarage attached to the church. He offered me alcohol which he was taking with his meal when I entered, I declined. His children were also unruly whilst I was there and in correcting them he was raining abuses on them, I was stunned. Afterwards I told him why I had come he told me to bring a white handkerchief which he was going to work on (whatever that meant) for my husband. I thanked him and left. When things got worse at home, I approached him again to speak to my husband, he asked why I dint bring the handkerchief that I should call him later in the week after my husband had gone to work so we could pray. I called him and he came to my house, he said we should kneel down to pray. When we knelt down he asked if I had anointing oil and that I should remove my clothes. I began to wonder, the pastor in question was about 60years a grandfather and an elder in the church and I did not want to be presumptuous so I went in took the anointing oil removed my blouse, still had my bra on and my skirt. So the man prayed for a few minutes, took the anointing oil and started rubbing it on my breast. Immediately I said to myself, are you crazy? After being in the faith for so long? I knew the word, I had had solid pastors and teachers, I had encountered God was it marriage that would now lure me from God? I just got up went back inside and wore my blouse. By the time I came back the pastor was removing his clothes. I wore a thunderous expression, thanked him and sat down. He took a look at me, wore back his shirt which he had already removed and left. That was the last time I ever consulted him. Eventually I quit the marriage and moved on with my life. Years later I came across the pastor's younger brother who said he had asked after me and wondered what transpired as the pastor and my ex never had any good thing to say about me. The man was also the pastor of a church, not too long after that the man was asking me how I was coping and how he would not mind to be my boyfriend, fulfilling my sexual needs. I simply walked off in disgust. The bible says by their fruits you shall know them. Most often when you spend time with God, walk in the spirit and with the word; you can determine a man's spiritual location after 5minutes in his presence. There are so many raving wolves in the name of the lord and there is no need to rationalize anything in the name of the lord -the only man that qualifies as a Christian and man of God to me is the one that lives the way Jesus did and accords me the dignity and respect that Jesus does!

Evangelist Bee said...

Busola
This is the comment of the year - for some few reasons
1. You were frank and completely open about it.
2. You gave more resources for me and other who are willing to learn on how our needs can put us under pressure.

This comment of yours is very helpful.

I pray that The Lord will give you a fulfilled life and continually grant you the strength and grace to please Him and do that which is right.

Thank for this frank comment. God bless you.
EVB

Evangelist Bee said...

Busola
Another sad thing though that I can see in your comment is that you genuinely needed help which men of God are there for. You needed help! You needed someone who truly represents God to help you get your bearing as regards your marital issues but he disappointed you and God. That surely would have been a good chance at that time to salvage your marriage!
Like I prayed for you earlier, Heaven will make you laugh last and grant you rest

chinedu said...

Evangelist B

This kind of wickedness that is disguised like a form of Christianity is a device of the Devil to destroy the soul of men.The so called Pastors and MO G's are not out to serve God but to please their selfish desire's. I have a story,a personal one at that but it will be for another day.

I truly bless the lord for the good work you are doing.Take charge and may the Lord bless you.

chinedu

Evangelist Bee said...

Chinedu,
I cannot agree less. God will grant us discernment. meanwhile we will like to hear your experience and how you overcame the challenge when you can even if anonymously
EVB

AdeOluwa Ope. Adenaike said...

As diciples, we cannot learn too mush that God is not slow. When like Peter we allow our gaze to go off him, we stand the danger of searching desperately for a wood piece to sustain our fall in stormy blast. When i read the story and especially now that i am reading it again, i pray the Lord will win this lady absolutely by this experience. If not, Christ might still have died in vain over her. That will be more serious than the first.
Merry Xmas!

Evangelist Bee said...

Adeolu
"i pray the Lord will win this lady absolutely by this experience."

His mercy will prevail as the acts of this fake christian ministers usually send people away from the Kingdom more than attracts them.
It will be well.
God bless
EVB

Anonymous said...

This is simply madness, the so called Pastor should be arrested and hanged and she should also be taken to have her head examined, was a spell cast on her, sometimes it amazes me how gullible people can be. Am sure some people would prefer their Pastors to read their bible for them perhaps there will be some special effects......amazing

Evangelist Bee said...

Dear Anon,
I know the way you feel. The whole essence is to raise alarm of some of the subtle things that can happen in the name of Christianity that may not be as vivid and extreme as the young woman in the story. People are gullible more when in need as I posited in the sequel - http://www.evangelistbee.com/2010/12/what-is-this-why-people-fall-into-error.html
It is well. Thanks for dropping a comment.
EVB

toro sokoya said...

Thanks Sir for the ministration in our church a few weeks ago. Concerning the story, it is simply a carry-over from the days of ignorance when people got involved in rituals of all sorts as a means to appeasing gods and witches. the truth is that a lot of christians are still looking for rituals in the church and like you said, they push pastors into adopting all sorts of things which also they have imported from their sojourn in Egypt.
two things; 1. Rom 12:2- only when one is truly transformed by a renewal of their minds can they prove what is right and acceptable as far as God's will is concerned. Old man is still at work as a lot have not taken off the old man and put on the new which is renewed and patterned after Christ.
2. Ps 91:1- many do not abide in the secret place of the Most High but they do visit once in a while. People want microwave prayers but have no prayer life and use any means to get these quick-fix prayers which of course they expect pastors to do for them. A commited life of personal prayer walk with God will deliver many from this kind of wahala.
Thanks and God strenghten you more and more.

Evangelist Bee said...

Auntie T,
Thank God for that Great Day in Faith city. God will continue to prosper you and your ministry.

Thank you for the Perspective you shared in your comment. I agree with you that as Minister of the Gospel we need to resist these culture of ritualism in the Gospel. May God help us to keep the Gospel simple and unadulterated.

Thank you ma

EVB